Backed by business groups, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and its lawyers at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher fired their opening shots this month in a federal appeal over shareholder efforts to challenge Wal-Mart's sales of guns and other "offensive" products.
- California Appeal Looms over Sirius Copyright Fight
- Market for Patent Litigators Remains Strong Despite Troll Thrashing
- Administrative Law Judges As Poultry Processing Workers
- Jaguar, Ford Defeat Auto Display Patent Claims
- Litigator of the Week: William Jay of Goodwin Procter
- Cotchett Takes Another Stab at Settling HP Suit
Jay scored a key patent victory for Teva at the U.S. Supreme Court, reversing a loss for his client and persuading the court once again to rein in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.