At a time when the ACLU is raking in donations and basking in high-profile love (those blue ribbons at the Oscars? OMG!), the Legal Services Corp. is like the mousy, overlooked sister—not nearly so glamorous, but doing work that is absolutely essential. We cannot allow it to be destroyed.
- Stepped-Up Immigration Enforcement May Strain Court System, Lawyers
- Ethics Complaint Against Kellyanne Conway Faces Long Road
- What to Make of Google-Uber Spat Over Driverless Cars
- Social Media Gets Some Respect from SCOTUS in First Amendment Case
- Stanford Profs Call for Rehiring of Sex Assault Lawyer
- Trump Administration Hands Over Names of Detainees in Travel Ban Challenge
Lawyers from Covington & Burling faced a formidable opponent and carried the burden of proof. But the team overcame those challenges to persuade a jury that the federal government should return assets seized from a Chinese couple running an import-export business.
- The Single Worst Thing Trump’s Budget Could Do to Our Justice System
- Flush With Cash, the ACLU Staffs Up—and Gets Ready to ‘Carpet Bomb’
- For White House Counsel Donald McGahn, an Unwelcome Spotlight
- Shout-Out: Covington Wins Trade Secrets Trial with $500M on the Line