A unanimous Second Circuit panel ruled that 26 European countries can sue RJR for an alleged scheme in which criminal organizations used cigarette smuggling to launder money earned in the European narcotics trade.
- Keker Scores for Google in GeoTag Patent Fight
- 3M Docked $26 Million Over Conduct in TransWeb Patent Case
- Mitsubishi Loses Appeal in Chip Design Case
- SAP, Versata Clash Over Endgame in $391 Million Patent Fight
- Sixth Circuit Nixes Ford Win in EEOC Telecommuting Case
- Judge Tosses $124 Million Fraud Suit Over Twitter IPO
Litigator of the Week
Moore and Angle won a ruling this week that promises to stem an assault by patent powerhouse Intellectual Ventures against a group of major banks.