Handing a win to defense lawyers at Sidley and Hughes Hubbard, a judge on Monday dismissed claims that Deloitte defrauded ChinaCast Education Corp. investors by failing to detect alleged fraud at the Shanghai-based company.
- Former Autonomy Exec Takes Aim at HP's Derivative Deal
- Patent 'Troll' MPHJ Takes Aim at Vermont in Fed. Circ. Appeal
- Software Company Fights to Preserve $25M Texas Verdict
- At 3, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Hits Stride
- Holy Smokes! Fla. Jury Socks RJR With $23.6 Billion Verdict
- Quinn Emanuel's GM Assignment Is Good Timing for Firm
Navigating his way through racial politics, education policy and U.S. Supreme Court precedent, Garre won a ruling this week that preserves student affirmative action at the University of Texas at Austin.