Wondering whether a given lawsuit will go to trial? SettlementAnalytics unveiled a new tool to predict the likelihood. But some Big Law litigators are skeptical that all the intangibles that determine the course of litigation can be factored in.
- College Student Sues Snapchat, Tabloid Over Miami Spring Break Story
- Prosecutors, Gibson Dunn Get Testy as Trial Nears for Shkreli's Lawyer
- Investors Jumping Into Legal Fray Over Equifax Data Breach
- Litigation Funder Longford Raises $500M as Industry Stays Flush
- BuzzFeed Hires Roy Black in Russia Dossier Lawsuit
- Kirkland's Paul Clement Gets Nod to Argue Key Labor Cases at Supreme Court
You might call it a literary success. Susan Kohlmann, managing partner of Jenner & Block’s New York office, secured a shutout win for the stepdaughter of John Steinbeck in the latest installment of a long-running legal feud over book rights that has divided the late author’s progeny.
- Will Your Case Go to Trial? This Computer Program Might Know the Answer
- No Jerks Allowed: Who Made the Grade for 2017 American College of Trial Lawyers
- Q&A: Covington & Burling Partner Takes On Arpaio, Again
- In Reed Smith Partner Suicide Suit, What Big Law Expert Would Have Said