ITT Educational Services and its lawyers at Gibson Dunn suffered their latest setback on Tuesday, when a judge refused to dismiss most of a shareholder class action alleging that the for-profit education company duped investors about rising student loan default rates.
- Appeals Courts Set Up Next Health Reform Fight for Justices
- Second Circuit Socks Travelers With $500 Million Asbestos Tab
- Google Stumbles in Texas IP Fight With Apple Group
- Software Maker Symantec Faces False Claims Suit
- Deloitte Knocks Out Hedge Funds' Suit Over China Audits
- Former Autonomy Exec Takes Aim at HP's Derivative Deal
Navigating his way through racial politics, education policy and U.S. Supreme Court precedent, Garre won a ruling this week that preserves student affirmative action at the University of Texas at Austin.