Thanks to a dustup with an erstwhile client and unfavorable rulings by two New York judges, an intern's case against CBS is dead on arrival, and cases against Warner Music Group and Viacom are destined never to go before a jury.
- O'Melveny Fends Off Hitachi TV Patent Claims for TPV
- Chadborne, Boies Square Off as U.S. Guards Iran Secrets
- The Global Lawyer: How Russia Can Fight the Yukos Award
- Years After Guilty Plea, Cooley Wipes Out Money Laundering Conviction
- In the Home Stretch, FHFA Inks $550M Deal With HSBC
- IndyMac Settlement Leaves Tolling Question Unresolved
As the owner of the oil rig whose explosion fouled the Gulf of Mexico in 2010, Transocean has always been a key defendant in litigation over the Gulf spill. But thanks in part to Brian, BP is still stuck with most of the tab.