Defense lawyers usually react with jubilation when a judge throws out a client's conviction. Kevin Marino of Marino, Tortorella & Boyle used the occasion to lash out at Cyrus Vance and Goldman Sachs.
- Apple Keeps Lid on $533 Million Smartflash Patent Verdict
- Ninth Circuit Sidesteps 'Newman' in Insider Trading Case
- Latham Partner Scores Hat Trick in Federal Circuit
- Holder's Return to Covington Was Six Years in the Making
- Litigator of the Week: Neal Katyal of Hogan Lovells
- United Can Be Sued by Employee Who Got Death Threats
Katyal won an important victory for employers when the Second Circuit adopted a more employer-friendly test to determine when interns need to be paid.