It's hard to overstate how good Cristina Arguedas was last week during opening arguments in defense of FedEx Corp. Just four days later, prosecutors abruptly dropped the case at the end of the first week of a bench trial with $1.6 billion on the line.
- Fault Lines Sharpen After Judge Voids Federal Fracking Rules
- White House Eyes Latham Partner for Federal Bench in DC
- Supreme Court Deadlocks on Immigration, Keeping Injunction in Place
- Divided Supreme Court Upholds Affirmative Action Program
- VW Settlement Tops $10 Billion, WSJ Reports
- Shout-Out: Orrick Scores Jury Win for Homeopathic Flu Remedy Maker
Litigators of the Week: David Dahlquist of Winston & Strawn and J. Robert Robertson of Hogan Lovells
David Dahlquist and J. Robert Robertson handed the Federal Trade Commission a rare loss in a hospital merger case.