No superheroes emerged from the five-year battle between Marvel Entertainment and the heirs of comic book artist Jack Kirby, which fizzled with a settlement before the U.S. Supreme Court was due to weigh the case this week. But the copyright adventure is likely to continue.
- US Judges Become South American Villains in Argentina, Ecuador Cases
- Wachtell Fends Off Class Action Sparked by Avon Bribes Flap
- Signs of a Tougher SEC?
- Judge Cues Trial in Antitrust Case Over Apple's iPod
- Lawyers Shoot for the Moon With Fee Bid in LBO Case
- Judge Nixes Hedge Fund's Bid to Block $3.7B Bank Merger
Arab Bank may someday reverse a jury's verdict that it's liable for facilitating acts of terror. But for now the victims' lawyers are relishing a long-awaited victory.