Cravath, Swaine & Moore Chairman Evan Chesler won vindication for American Express before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit--and handed the U.S. Department of Justice a major loss.
- Volkswagen’s Legal Troubles Extend to Australia
- Look at Me--and My Ballot! Appeals Court OKs Ballot Selfies
- Rule Barring Arbitration in Nursing Home Contracts Will Face Legal Tests, Lawyers Say
- Breast Cancer Patients' Permanent Hair Loss During Chemo Leads to Suit Over Drug
- Like 'Gone Girl': Disbarred Immigration Lawyer Pleads Guilty in Bizarre Kidnap Plot
- Supreme Court Takes Up ‘Slants' Trademark Case. Now What?
Two lawyers from Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy won a ruling striking down a Department of Justice directive on music licensing that could have thrown the recording industry in turmoil.