After creating a playbook for overturning public teacher tenure rules on one coast, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher has been sidelined on the other.
- Banks Beat FDIC Suit Over Mortgage-Backed Securities
- Yelp Shakes Off Extortion Claims
- Goldman, JPMorgan Crush Aluminum Price-Fixing Claims
- Halliburton Agrees to Pay $1B in Deepwater Horizon Claims
- Scheindlin Tosses Claims That Ford and IBM Aided Apartheid
- Detroit Bankruptcy Trial Steps into Uncharted Territory
Reports of aluminum price-fixing by big investment banks and the London Metal Exchange sparked widespread outrage—and class action litigation. Zwisler led LME to an early victory this week, leaving the other defendants to face the plaintiffs on their own.