Another big verdict went up in smoke at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit on Tuesday, when the appeals court ordered a new damages trial in VirnetX Inc.'s patent infringement case against Apple.
- Gibson Dunn's Scalia Notches a Loss over CFTC Swaps Rule
- Wilson Sonsini IT Employee Charged With Insider Trading
- CBS Verdict Empowers Podcast Patent Campaign
- O'Melveny Fends Off Hitachi TV Patent Claims for TPV
- Chadbourne, Boies Square Off as U.S. Guards Iran Secrets
- The Global Lawyer: How Russia Can Fight the Yukos Award
As the owner of the oil rig whose explosion fouled the Gulf of Mexico in 2010, Transocean has always been a key defendant in litigation over the Gulf spill. But thanks in part to Brian, BP is still stuck with most of the tab.