It’s hard to defend any judge who thinks 60 days in jail is an appropriate punishment for a father who raped his 12-year-old daughter. Still, there’s something ominous about what seems to be a new pattern: a judge issues a lenient but legal sentence, and the mob descends.
- Though Not the Diva, Justice Ginsburg Snags Juicy Part in Opera
- ‘Bush v. Gore’ Lawyers Sound Off on Trump’s Debate Comments
- Fenwick Sues Hasbro Over My Little Pony App
- Bentham Makes Bet on Whistleblower Suits
- Judge Smacks Down FTC for Venue Shopping
- Attorneys Accused of Filing Bogus Suits in Alleged Scheme to Stamp Out Negative Web Reviews
Albert Deaver earned his J.D. from South Texas College of Law in Houston--but that hasn’t stopped him from leading the charge in a trademark suit against his alma mater when it sought to rebrand itself the Houston College of Law.