After winning class action status and surviving multiple appeals, plaintiffs lawyers hit a dead end in the first trial over claims that Whirlpool sold mold-prone washers to millions of unsuspecting customers.
- Litigators of the Week: Bruce Clark and Sharon Nelles of Sullivan & Cromwell
- Ninth Circuit Clears Path for ERISA Suits
- D.C., California Next Battlegrounds Over Online Streaming
- Wells Fargo Can't Escape $203 Million Overdraft Judgment
- Judge OKs NY Discovery in Billionaires' Beachfront Brawl UPDATED
- Actos Punitives Verdict Remains 'Really, Really High'
In Motorola v. Standard Chartered, Clark and Nelles scored a huge win not just for their client, but for every big bank that does business in New York.