A London judge ruled that a group of litigation funders must ante up an additional $7.7 million for a failed cased brought by an obscure entity called Excalibur Ventures that was represented by Clifford Chance. That brings their total legal tab to date to $57.7 million.
- NY High Court Upholds Rule Shielding Foreign Bank Branches
- Litigator of the Week: Nicholas Gravante Jr. of Boies, Schiller & Flexner
- When Lawyers Sue Lawyers, One Standard Should Apply
- Covington Fends Off Contraceptive IP Challenge for Actavis
- Wall Street Targets Urge NY Judges to Hobble the SEC
- Plaintiffs Lawyers Peg Bill at $50M for NCAA Antitrust Suit
On Texas turf, the New York litigator marshaled his resources to score a massive verdict against Trinity Industries that could affect the safety of drivers around the nation, and possibly beyond.