In the latest ruling to address the ever-narrowing scope of the Alien Tort Statute, the Eleventh Circuit dismissed long-standing claims that Chiquita Brands International facilitated war crimes by paramilitary groups in Colombia.
- Judge Rejects Fee-Shifting Bid in Newegg Patent Spat
- Litigator of the Week: Michael Carvin of Jones Day
- Oversight Committee Questions FTC Data Case
- Partner Outs Dodd-Frank Tipster, Demands Cut of $14.7M Award
- Defense Group Fights DOJ Over Access to Discovery 'Blue Book'
- Bankrupt Biotech Targets Nixon Peabody, Mintz Levin
Two contradictory appellate court rulings this week framed the next battle over Obamacare. Carvin was at the center of both of them.