For almost 10 years, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison partner Bob Atkins has represented medical supply company BD in an antitrust suit over syringes. The case blew up in 2013 into a $340 million jury verdict. But Atkins' strategy from day one was to build a record for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. It paid off.
- Appeals Court Casts Doubts on Smartflash's Patent Win Over Apple
- Michael Jordan Wins Trademark Case in China's Top Court
- Enforcement Director Ceresney to Leave SEC
- Appeals Court Nixes Pension Fund's Claim Over Madoff Investments
- Yahoo Data Breach MDL Steered to Koh's San Jose U.S. Courtroom
- Austin Lawyer Hit With $175K in Sanctions for 'Bad Faith' Conduct in ADA Cases
When the U.S. International Trade Commission waded into a legal issue it hadn’t touched in almost 40 years--how to handle allegations of price-fixing--a Covington & Burling team rose to the challenge.