Manhattan U.S. District Judge Shira Scheindlin ruled that South African apartheid victims can seek compensation from three Fortune 100 companies under the Alien Tort Statute, directly contradicting a Second Circuit ruling in another ATS case.
- Medtronic Accused of 'Scare Tactics' in Heart Valve Case
- Sidley Renews Pitch for China in Vitamin Makers' Appeal
- Patton Boggs Taps White-Collar Pro Abramovitz in Chevron Fight
- A Busy Two Weeks for SCOTUS as Adjournment Draws Nigh
- Former SEC Lawyer Speaks Out on Agency's Failings
- Kaye Scholer Scores Verdict in IP Row Over Airplane Parts
Litigator of the Week
Moore and Angle won a ruling this week that promises to stem an assault by patent powerhouse Intellectual Ventures against a group of major banks.