Five months after the U.S. Supreme Court decided Aereo's business model was in direct conflict with copyright law, the online television company announced Friday that it filed for bankruptcy protection. But Aereo says its lawyers still have plenty of work to do.
- High Court Eyes First Amendment Puzzle in Elonis Appeal
- Litigator of the Week: Winn Carter of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
- California Judge OKs Privacy Suit Over Lost Apple Texts
- Boston Scientific Loses Second Verdict in Mesh Litigation
- The Global Lawyer: Pro Bono Law in an Anti Bono Land
- Intern Litigation Update: Gucci Sued, Condé Nast Cuts a Deal
After two codefendants fled a billion-dollar trial over catastrophic pollution with a last-minute settlement, Carter and his client faced the jury alone and walked away with a take-nothing verdict.