Steptoe & Johnson LLP partner Reid Weingarten is one of the country’s top white collar defense lawyers. He spoke at length with the Litigation Daily about his practice—including what it means when he wants the “smart jurors" and what he says to prosecutors in their offices to convince them not to bring a case.
- Shout-Out: Kramer Levin and Greenberg Traurig Get Securities Fraud Suits Tossed
- Former Hogan Lovells Clients Drop Lawsuit Over $36M Loss
- Litigator of the Week: Joseph Neuhaus of Sullivan & Cromwell
- Class Gets Second Chance in Telemarketing Case
- Supreme Court Patent Fee Fight Yields $1.8 Million Award
- No-Show at Trial Gets Lawyer, Firm Sued
Thanks to Neuhaus, after nine years of litigation, Argentina’s central bank is off the hook from having to cover more than $2 billion in defaulted Argentinian bond debt.