The Delaware Supreme Court dismissed a suit alleging that MacAndrews & Forbes enriched itself at the expense of shareholders when it took over an affiliate in 2011, marking a win for defense lawyers at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom and Willkie Farr & Gallagher.
- Federal Circuit Revives Patent Case Over Google's Street View
- Treehouse Sets Off Flurry of Suits Against Keurig
- Secret Takedown Order in YouTube Case Sets Off Frenzy
- Former Eastern District of Texas Judge Nails Win for Akin Gump
- Boies Points to McDermott File Room in Patent Theft Suit
- Attorney Fee Award in Patent Case Doesn't Extend to Appeal
Litigator of the Week
Chippey not only helped secure a $520 million verdict for firm client Asahi Kasei Pharma, but also successfully blocked an appeal by high-priced counsel from Quinn Emanuel that drew formidable amicus support from the business community.